Cranberry Lake First Strike Ice Fishing Derby
January 29, 2022
- Pike entry fee is $35 for Adults and kids & $10 for kids Perch derby (12 and under) if registered by January 15th, 2022. Registrations postmarked by January 15th, 2022 are eligible for a drawing for a $250.00 Gift Card . Entry fees after January 15, 2022 will be $40.00. Registration Refunds will be given out ONLY in the event that the CLVFD deems the ice conditions to be unsafe. If this situation arises, there will be NO prizes awarded.
- All fishing is to take place on Cranberry Lake only. All New York State DEC laws and regulations apply.
- Cash & Prizes will be awarded at 4:00PM at the CLVFD. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. You will need to keep your wristband for the drawing. Drawings for door prizes are for those registered in the Pike Derby only.
- PRIZES: 70% of total receipts less derby expenses. Hourly prizes for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd heaviest fish.
- AGAIN IN 2022: Mystery Prizes: One prize will be chosen by random drawing from all registered Pike Derby entrants. Three prizes will be determined by the closest to the mystery weight, without going over predetermined weight. Prize total up to $2,000.00.
- Kids Derby cash prizes will be awarded for 1-5 places. Every kid that enters the perch derby will receive a prize.
- Contest runs from 7AM.-3P.M. on January 29th 2022. NO fishing prior to 7A.M.
- Each entrant must check in at the Cranberry Lake Fire Hall before starting to fish. You will be given 1 wristband. You must pick up your own band; no one is allowed to pick up someone else’s band. Registration starts at 5 AM on January 29, 2022. You may also register on January 28th at the fire department between 10am and 4pm.
- Any unsportsmanlike conduct, as determined by the event officials will be cause for disqualification.
- All fish must be weighed on official scales at the weigh station by an event official. In the event of a tie in weight the first fish entered will win. NO DEAD FISH WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR ENTRY. Fish transported to a weigh station must be in water and protected from freezing by being placed in a cooler, fish bag, bucket etc.
- All fish entered become the property of the event officials to be released.
- In the event that an hourly prize is not awarded due to the lack of entries, the prize winner will be drawn at 4PM.
- No fishing will be allowed inside closed shelters. All fishing must be done in open view of officials.
- Fish may not be held for entry in another hour. When fish is landed it must either be entered for that hour or be immediately released back into Cranberry Lake.
- DEC WILL BE HERE CHECKING FOR HELMETS, INSURANCE, REGISTRATION AND FISHING LICENSES.
- NO ATV’S ARE ALLOWED OR PERMITTED ON RT. 3.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PROPERTY OTHER THAN THE ACCESS AREA TO CRANBERRY LAKE is PRIVATE PROPERTY. PLEASE RESPECT THE PROPERTY OWNERS RIGHTS.
- Ice access in Cranberry Lake at Public Beach on RT 3, or NYS Campground Beach at end of Lone Pine Rd., or Boat Launch on Ranger School Rd. in Wanakena. PLEASE OBEY PARKING SIGNS.
- NO vehicles other than legally registered and insured ATV’s, UTV’s or snowmobiles are allowed on the ice.
- Any pictures taken by an event official will become property of the CLVFD and may be used in future advertising.
NOTICE: Due to the large number of people entering, no CONFIRMATIONS will be sent out. Please make checks payable to Cranberry Lake VFD and submit with your signed registration. Returned check fee is $60 plus entry fee.
More information: https://firststrikederby.profishingtournaments.com...
Karen J Soltau | 3158482937 | email@example.com