How to Get Here
United States / Canada Border
The St. Lawrence River borders Canada and can be crossed by vehicle via the bridges in Ogdensburg, NY/Prescott, Canada and Massena, NY/Cornwall, Canada. Border crossings are strictly enforced by
land and water.
We urge our Canadian friends to make sure they have the proper documentation for their visit; the Canada Border Services Agency has a helpful site that lets you know before you go…
Travel via Vehicle
For directions to your St. Lawrence River Valley destination, visit http://maps.google.com/
The St. Lawrence River Valley is served by several major and regional airports.
- Massena Int’l Airport – Richards Field (MSS) - served by small regional carriers
- Ogdensburg Int’l Airport – (OGS) - served by small regional carriers
or call 1-800-352-0714.
- Watertown Airport - Watertown, NY (approx. 1.5 hours /100 miles away)
- Syracuse Hancock Int’l Airport (SYR) – Syracuse, NY (approx. 2.5 hours / 200 miles away)
- Burlington Int’l Airport (BTV) – Burlington, VT (approx. 2.5 hours / 200 miles away)
NOTE: Driving to our area from Burlington may require transportation on the Ferry on Lake Champlain)
- Ottawa Int’l Airport (YOW), Canada
- Montreal – Trudeau Int’l Airport (YUL), Canada
- Montreal – Dorval – Mirabel Int’l Airport (YMX), Canada
New York City Airports (approx. 7-8 hours / 400 miles away)
- John F. Kennedy Int’l Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty Int’l Airport (EWR)
Enterprise Rent-a-Car has a rental location at 6805 State Highway 56 in Potsdam, NY, as well as at airports world-wide. They have a wide variety of vehicles from passenger sedans to trucks and SUV’s to cargo vans.
For reservations, visit http://www.enterprise.com or call our Potsdam location at (315) 265-0700 .
New Freshwater Fishing Book by Local Angler & Guide Available
Mike Seymour, a lifelong angler and licensed guide who has led charters to the best fishing in upstate New York for over 25 years has written a book - The Smart Guide to Freshwater Fishing.By FISHCAP Editor on Jul 26, 2012
NY Bass Chapter Federation to fish the St. Lawrence River
The NY BASS Chapter Federation (NYBCF) will fish the St. Lawrence River on July 22 with anglers competing for their portion of the $20,000 prize money. The first place boater wins a guaranteed $2,500 and the first place non-boater earns $1,500 in their respective division.By FISHCAP Editor on Jul 16, 2012
Hermon 2nd Annual Father's Day Bass Tournament
Hermon 2nd Annual Father's Day Bass TournamentBy FISHCAP Editor on Jun 07, 2012
What the Heck is Bullhead?
The Bullhead Affair by Pat McKeownBy FISHCAP Editor on Apr 18, 2012
Ice Clearing Activities
The St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation has issued the following notice: Ice Clearing ActivitiesBy FISHCAP Editor on Mar 06, 2012